Hello Good People! Here, now I’d like to tell you about an unique architecture building in the world. And I choose “BURJ KHALIFA” to be an unique architecture building.
The Burj Khalifa (or how it was called until 2010, Burj Dubai) opened on January 14, 2010. Even before the building construction was finished, starting from 2007 it had become the highest skyscraper in the world. Its exact height is 2,722 feet, or 829,8 meters, and it obviously can be seen from any point in Dubai. The number of floors, however, is a bit fewer than some might expect – Burj Khalifa totals in 163 floors. It was built by Samsung Engineering & Construction, Besix, and Arabtec. The tower cost US $1.5 billion to build.
Burj Khalifa looks like a stalagmite, which means that it resembles vertical minerals growing from cave floors. Stalagmites usually have a shape of a cone, and so does Burj Khalifa, if you look at it from a distance, it will remind you of a gigantic sharp cone made of glass and steel.
The design architect, Adrian Smith, did not like the first design of the upper part of the building. He added 27 new floors and an aluminium spire to the top of the plans. The design of Burj Khalifa based on those used in Islamic architecture. Burj Khalifa has been said to have had several other planned height increases since it was first built
The most impressive aspect about Burj Khalifa is that it had been planned to be a so-called “city within the city”; this means that inside the tower you can find parks, alleys, districts, fountains, and so on. The glass of the tower’s surface always shines, because it is washed every single day, and the make of concrete of which the tower was built from was invented specifically for Burj Khalifa. There are three entrances to the tower, because it is so huge that one or two would not be enough. At the foot of the skyscraper, there is a big artificial lake that measures up to 12 hectares.
The building is not only the tallest structure in the world, it also holds the following records-
- Tallest skyscraper to top of spire: 828 m (2,717 ft) (previously Taipei 101 – 509.2 m (1,671 ft))
- Tallest structure ever built: 828 m (2,717 ft) (previously Warsaw radio mast – 646.38 m (2,121 ft))
- Tallest freestanding structure: 828 m (2,717 ft) (previously CN Tower – 553.3 m (1,815 ft))
- Building with most floors: 160 (previously Willis Tower – 108)
- World's highest elevator installation
- World's fastest elevators at speed of 64 km/h (40 mph) or 18 m/s (59 ft/s) (previously Taipei 101 – 16.83 m/s)
- Highest vertical concrete pumping (for a building): 606 m (1,988 ft) (previously Taipei 101 – 449.2 m (1,474 ft))
- Highest vertical concrete pumping (for any construction): 606 m (1,988 ft) (previously Riva del Garda Hydroelectric Power Plant – 532 m (1,745 ft))
- The first world's tallest structure in history to include residential space
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world (124th floor), at about 440 m (1,440 ft).
- World's highest installation of an aluminium and glass façade, at a height of 512 m (1,680 ft).
- World's highest swimming pool (76th floor)
- Worlds highest restaurant (122nd floor)
(Cited by: Wikipedia)
Yeah, Burj Khalifa is one of the Magnificent Building in the world. The existence of this building is a miracle itself – considering how it stands against the winds, gravity, and other natural forces. And It is embody the impossible of bravely state that nothing like this skyscraper has ever been built on Earth before. Ok, That is all an information about Burj Khalifa, See you!